PARALLEL IMPORTS: #DONTRISKIT
Sometimes it can be difficult to make a purchase decision and be confident in knowing where the products came from.
That’s why, in New Zealand, it’s important to know that authentic L’Oréal Professional Products Division brands such as Redken, L’Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Matrix, Biolage, Pureology and are only available in our partner salons and stores.
Currently, there are some retailers selling L’Oréal Professional Products Division brands without our permission. These are called parallel imports, in some cases, the price for these products can be cheaper than an authorised salon or retailer.
While parallel importing is not illegal, it can have some serious implications for consumers and the hair industry as a whole. The L’Oréal Professional Products Division is committed to protecting our customers and hair partners, which is why we’re saying #DontRiskIt, and encouraging all consumers to choose quality products from trusted suppliers.
What are the risks?
Buying parallel imported products comes with associated risks, compromising the intended brand experience. These can include:
- The potential to have expired
- Being mishandled during manufacturing and/ or shipping
- Being stored incorrectly
- Being developed using our old formulas and not with our most cutting-edge technology
- Being part of a limited range of stock, meaning you might not be able to buy that matching conditioner or serum
- Being counterfeit (not actually manufactured by L’Oréal)
How do you know if a product is a parallel import?
Unfortunately, there are cases where our haircare brands are appearing in unauthorised sellers without permission. To help you identify unauthorised products from the trusted ones, here are some signs to look out for:
- The purchase price is significantly cheaper than you would ordinarily expect to pay for the product in New Zealand
- You can’t identify any relationship or association between the seller and the manufacturer
- The product is not otherwise available in the New Zealand market
The L’Oréal Professional Product Division brands are here to support you and help you only buy authentic products. On our brand websites you’ll find a list of authorised stockists. #DontRiskIt, buy authentic:
Alternatively, if you prefer to buy online, our major e-tailer partners: